Saturday, May 31, 2008

Three in One Challenge 1 of 3

Hello! These next few posts are all part of one challenge! We were to create three cards. All using the same set, and the same colors. I liked this challenge. It was unique! I chose to combine some other challenges with this one. For my first card, I also did a sketch challenge.


My color scheme for these cards is Real Red and Pink Passion. These colors came from the inspiration from Sandy's card in a previous post. My stamp set is One of a Kind by Stampin' Up! The background stamp is Print Pattern by Stampin' Up!. I inked that large stamp in Pink Passion and then stamped the smaller flowers scattered about in Real Red. I added a bit of Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the centers of them.
I stamped the main flower image in Basic Black and water colored with Pink Passion. The Red is colored in solid with Real Red Stampin' Write Marker. The full flower is embossed using the versa mark marker and clear powder. I LOVE this technique. Makes your image really pop. In the center of the flower I used 'Build a Brad'. Pretty cool. I just got these for the first time. I am really happy with them! What fun! I used them in all three cards! I backed up this main flower with Black and distressed the edges with my distressed tool. I also paper pierced all around the square.
For punches, I used the Designer Label punch and the Key Tag punch. The ribbon is the black and white gingham. I love this ribbon. It is super easy to work with. Not stiff at all. I added a brad from the pewter Hodgepodge Hardware set. Some white doodling all around, and I am done! Do you like!?! I had so much fun with these colors!
Happy Stampin'

No comments: