Saturday, May 17, 2008

Grid Technique

Hello Friends!! I thought I would try the scored background AKA 'grid technique' for this card. It turned out kind of cool. I used my Score-Pal for the background behind the trees. I scored lines going one way, flipped the piece of paper, then scored some more lines! Check out the tutorial on Splitcoaststampers if you do not understand what I am saying!! My stamp sets I used are A little Birthday Cheer and Lovely as a Tree by Stampin' Up!

I also went with a Color Challenge, CC166 Ruby Red, Soft Sky and Pumpkin Pie. I guess the colors are ok. Kind of fall like. So I think I will save this card for a fall birthday. I didn't think the colors stood out enough in the trees, so I added little Pumpkin Pie and Ruby Red dots with my Stampin' Write Markers. I also used my Paper Piercer, Mat Pack and Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker to create a faux stitch. I think that turned out cool! Even in person it looks like I stitched it. You really need the mat pack for that!!

I think I discovered something really cool today! Ok, so you may all already know this and do this....but pretend you don't!! I was trying to figure out how I wanted the ribbon placed. I knew I was going to use the Stapler. I didn't really want the ribbon hangin' off the edge. So I got the bright idea to lay the ribbon out flat, staple it, THEN tie it in a knot. It is attached and ready to go that way, no glue for these knots! I love this!!



For punches, I used the 1" circle punch and the window word punch. The greeting 'celebrate u' came from A little Birthday Cheer. The stamp actually is 'celebrate you', but it wouldn't fit inside the window word punch, so I took out the 'y & o'.

I guess that is it! Happy Stampin'!

No comments: