Thursday, May 1, 2008

Mother's Day Gift...completed

Whew, one mother down, one mother to go ;) I won't be posting my next Mother's Day project until after Mother's Day. I have a sneaky feeling, she might peak!! I have completed my first project. I know I have already posted the one page with Ethan, but I wanted to show that I added it to this group. All of these photo's I have used were of the children decorating Easter Eggs this spring. My sister and her family were here, so I was able to add them into the memory frame book. I don't know what to call it!! I used the On Board Book Basics { On sale this Month!! May 2008, check out my Stampin' Up! website for more details ;)



This is Ty's page. All of the pages are simple. I stuck to one theme of photo's, and one DSP set. I chose Le Jardin. I thought it was elegant, but not too girly. Most of the pages do not have a bunch of scallops because I was working with boys. I also tried to keep the floral images to a minimum. Except for Taylor's page, I got to even add bling to that page ;) For Ty, I added Always Artichoke behind his photo. Then I had another mat created with Bashful Blue and Basic Black. I love the look of the thin mat using Basic Black. I basically stacked paper for his page, and added some doodling with my white gel pen. I will say this: TIP ALERT : I punched out all different shapes under those layers. I did not waste any paper in all this layering!! For example, directly behind Ty's photo is Always Artichoke. Before gluing Ty to the A.A. paper, I punched out photo corner's, circle's, what ever punch would fit and not be seen!! I do that for all my layers. I have a container that holds all my punched out shapes. Most of them I turn right around and use for the project I am working one, but in this case, looks like I didn't use punches. This page is with Bowen and Spencer. Ok, they aren't actually decorating eggs, you can tell because they aren't wearing tye dye like the other kids. But it is the same time frame, and they are just ADORABLE. I really like this shot, so I added it. Another simple page. Just added journal and white doodles.
Gotta say, this is one of my fav's. Lots of punches used here. I should go back and add punches to Ty and the cousins pages.... think I will ;) They add so much, as you can see!! Plus, I love blue, and Q's page has blue through out it. The face he is making is priceless. The concentration! Whew, what had work it is dipping eggs into dye!

That sums up my Mother's Day projects for my mom!! Can I get back to card making now??? Hee Hee

Happy Stampin' Friends!

Andi


2 comments:

Kristine said...

Well Andi Mead...you are QUITE the TALENTED lady here!! :D LOVE all your beautiful pages you've created, and I am soo in awe of your "PUN FUN" cards!! It's the brayering onto watercolor paper that looks just gorgeous--I have wc paper and have never even thought of brayering on it *slapping forehead* You're a genious! teehee. Anyway, THANKS SO MUCH for commenting on my blog so I could FIND YOU!! :) I Love your blog so much.

The horse stamp is by Serendipity and I got it over at MothersandDaughtersCreations.citymax.com

Well, I'm jealous. We don't actually OWN any horses, although that was my childhood dream. We live right next door to a cattle company and the neighbor lost her hubby last year. She's been so kind and let my girls ride her horses. So, we're very blessed to live so close to her. Sorry this is soo long? :) Hugs!!

StampDancer said...

Andi,

Love your blog and projects. You are super talented. I found you today doing a google search on Onboard Basics book boards. I'm a brand new scrapbooker - ha ha!

So I was looking for inspiration and google pulled me to your site. Thanks for showing your wonderful artwork and love your Mothers Day projects with one of my favorite SU paper sets -- Le Jardin.
Deb M
http:\\stampdancer.blogspot.com