Sunday, May 25, 2008

Wish I was at that beach!


Hello! This card was a Featured Stamper Challenge from Splicoatstampers. The featured stamper is Peanutbee. I chose a card she created, changed a couple things: I changed the stamp set, ribbon, added some punches, added some paper piercing, and created my own background. It is a lot of fun, pretty easy when someone else chooses the stamp image and colors! My stamp I used wasn't exact, but I stuck to the same idea, a beach scene.
My colors are Mellow Moss, So Saffron, Soft Sky (for the sky), Ballet Blue (sky again), Creamy Caramel and Close to Cocoa for the sand and weeds. After I colored in the girl, I embossed her with the Versa Mark Pen. Then I brayered the sky and sand. I used the Ticket Punch and punched out the top corners of the square with the girl. The 'make a wish' came from A Little Birthday Cheer set from Stampin' Up!. FYI, my wish is to be there, on the beach!!! I used the Designer Label punch and Key Tag punch for the greeting. Added some Paper Piercing there. The ribbon is DSR, Blue Bayou. The weeds were drawn in with Stampin' Write Marker, Close to Cocoa. The dots for sand are actually 'feed' from Best of Cluck set.

1 comment:

Stampin_Melissa said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I love the colors you used and can't believe that you did the weeds by hand! Awesome!