Monday, May 19, 2008

Birthday card


Hello Friends! Here is yet another peek-a-boo card! The inside image is a cow. A lot was done to this card! I started off with Yo Yo Yellow! WOW is that bright! I am not really a bold brights person. As I am sure you can see if you check out my blog much! It is good to get out there and try things though, so Yo Yo Yellow it was. I thought that color would work good with Stampin' Up!'s retired On the Farm set. I made this card for a girl whose birthday is coming up and we bought her a webkinz pig. So this card is perfect for her!
The barn was stamped twice. I first colored and embossed the full barn, and the extra barn door and silo cap. Then I popped out the barn doors and the silo cap. My color scheme is Real Red (barn and bandana), Going Grey (roof), Bordering Blue (silo), Brilliant Blue (farmers shirt), and of course the Yo Yo for his over-all's and the hay. The background was created by brayering with Soft Sky, Ballet Blue and a touch of Brilliant Blue with a sponge. The grass is Wild Wasabi. I then layered the focal point with Real Red and Glorious Green. Added the embossed Farmer. Added some doodles, a Window Word Punch with a piece of Red Gingham and done. The bit on top was really needed. There was just too much bright yellow on top of the card.
I hope you like!!
Happy Stampin'

No comments: