Wednesday, May 28, 2008

busy busy busy

Hello! I can't believe this stamped image isn't SU! Hee Hee. I have had this image since before I was a demo, so like what, 11 yrs or so? One of my fav's. I don't use it much, well, haven't used in probably 10yrs, but I just like looking at it up on my shelf. I can totally relate to the image...I think you can all see that. Only one problem. This is me, right?? Ok. But where am I? There are no kids on top of me, and aside from being almost passed out, there are no toys or clutter anywhere!!!!

I decided to do my first Mojo Monday sketch. Pretty cool sketch! I really like all the different elements on this one!
I also took the SplitcoastStampers Color Challenge, CC168, Vanilla, Sage, and Choco Chip. Really no challenge. Quite easy to work with! I had those cool colors in the DSP Outlaw. I thought the stripes would look good on the chair. The stamped image was actually stamped three times. Once on the vanilla, once on the striped paper and then once on the white. The only part I kept off the white paper is the 'don't ask'. It really 'pops' that way.
I added a bunch of details to this card while still keeping it very clean. No brayering. I added paper piercing all over. Some was used for faux stitching, some was actually pierced on the reverse side of the paper. For example: I actually placed the striped piece of paper, stripe side down onto my Mat Pack. Then poked the holes. I love the look. Basically, had I done it stripes up, you really wouldn't have seen the holes. The paper is too busy. Sometimes the paper is just too dark too. Reversing it gives more definition and you can actually see white around the holes, a natural highlight, if you will!! The holes around the circle punch are reversed too.
I added some corners with my Photo Corner Punch, got into my Hodgepodge hardware and added some hardware and ribbon. I think that sums it up!
Hope this makes you smile ;)
Happy Stampin'
Andi

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh I love that sketch - can't wait to try it!

You've got a great blog!

Allison Rankin said...

Love this stamp...it's my life!

Michele Kovack said...

What a funny stamp!!! Such a cute card!

Doris said...

That's me! This week has been really busy with painters inside and out--very disruptive. Putting everything back together has been exhausting, but it's almost done (after a whole week of reorganizing the kitchen.) Check it out on my Fox Mountain blog (linked to my stamping tower blog.)

Deb Wood said...

Too funny and cute, great sketch!

The Petrina Blogger said...

OOOHHHH can you please give the info on the stamp! The one with the lady passed out in the chair! LOL