Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Mother's Day cards

Hello! Here are my mom's Mother's Day cards! They were such simple cards to create, and I LOVE the use of the double sided DSP!!

Check out the directions for this card!

For my Mom's card, I used a retired piece of paper. Stampin' Up! has the same pattern in their current catalog, only it is called Azure (it is blue obviously!!) Gorgeous paper!! The stamps I used for this card are Sweet Serendipity and Happy Mother's Day is from an All Year Cheer set I bought YEARS ago. Not sure of the date on that one! I apologize, I didn't' put it away correctly and can't seem to find it or, I would let you know the date on the stamp!

The punches I used for this card are the 3/4" circle ( for the faux scallop), the Key Tag punch, Designer Label and the Scallop Punch.

I added some gingham ribbon, some bling, and then that was it!

For my Mother in Laws, I used the Outlaw DSP (retired, check out the Western Sky DSP, just as cool), and I used the retired SSK Round Up.

I added brads across the inside layer of the card, and a jumbo eyelet in the center of the star. Some hemp really 'tied' this card off! I stamped "wonderful friend" on the inside (you can just see it) from Boho Backgrounds.

Happy Stampin' Friends!

No comments: