Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Peek-a-boo for my sister's birthday

Hello Friends!! I made a card this morning for my sister's birthday. Her fav color is green, so I started with that! I love the textured paper. I decided to go with Wild Wasabi, textured. Next I decided to create a peek-a-boo card. And FINALLY I decided on my stamp set! I went with Crab & Company by Stampin' Up! because she is down in FL, with those nice beaches!!




My color scheme is Groovy Guava, Wild Wasabi, and Whisper White.


I stamped the crab three times. This is so I could pop out his little body and claws. (I ended up only popping him twice though)

His entire body was embossed using the Versa Mark Marker. Check out the tutorial on that for directions ;) This is so I could emboss resist. I then brayered the sky and sand with out messing up the color job I did on the crab! For the sky I used Soft Sky and Tempting Turquise. The sand is So Saffron and Creamy Caramel.
His extra claw and body were embossed too. I think it looks sharp that way! I cut out the extra body and claws, and used pop dots to adhere them directly over the 'main' body. The gift, hat and cake were embossed with the versa mark marker too.
I used my White Craft ink for the backgrounds with the shell and the star fish. Lots of doodles with my White Gel pen.
On the inside I used the punches: Designer Label, Key Tag and 1 3/8" circle punch. You will also need the 1 1/4" circle punch for the 'peek-a-boo' card. Check out the tutorial on this card to discover how to create it!
Happy Stampin'!

1 comment:

Tilly said...

this is really cute! Thanks for sharing the instructions. Also, wanted to say hello neighbor - I'm from New Hartford, NY