Tuesday, May 13, 2008

For GG and Pop

Hello Friends! So sorry the lighting wasn't quite right on this one. I made this card for my grandparents in FL. I use to make my Grandpa Snicker Doodle's when I was little. Now, he is much older (of course) and not doing so well. I thought he might like some cookies. This is the card to go along with them ;) I used Crab & Company by Stampin' Up!
My color scheme again, was SCS challenge, Certainly Celery, Lovely Lilac, and Pretty in Pink. I used the Prints DSP Certainly Celery for the Crab's body and part of the claws. Very Simple card. I relied on the little extra touches to really set this card off. Lots of paper piercing, lots of doodling (sorry you can't see it very well - I doodled all around the card with Pretty in Pink marker, and along the Key Tag too) I also used the white gel pen for some doodles! The scallop edge was created with the slit punch, check out my tutorial on that if you do not know how to create that yet. I added Pretty in Pink 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, and a couple Lovely Lilac eyelets. I see the lilac eyelets are discontinued, but you could add rhinestone brads instead, and they would look nice!
Happy Stampin'!

No comments: