Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mother's Day gift...continued ;)

Hello! I have been BUSY BUSY! We are building a house this summer, Mother's Day is around the corner....and of course, I have all my children to attend too ;) So I apologize for not posting so much lately! Here is 1/2 of my gift to my mother. I know the one photo was already posted in an earlier post (Quinten),
but I connected it with the others posted here in this post. I used the On Board Book Basics Chipboard (ON SALE THE MONTH OF MAY 2008, check it out!!!). I decided to double side these with photo's. My mom can change it up when ever she feels like it. My photo's are Black and White so that I could coordinate the DSP on all sides. I did try and leave Taylor's photo in full color, it was hideous. Not the photo, but the colors I would have had to go with would have looked awful with the papers I chose. My children were all wearing Tye Dye t-shirts. So I had to re-print her photo in bl & wh. The Designer Series Paper I went with for this project is the Le Jardin paper. I also used Clear Transparency Sheets to protect the photo's and pages. Their names were stamped with Black Stazon directly on the transparency sheets.Working on Taylor's "page" was a lot of fun! I got to use flowers and bling!! A lot of punches were used for his project. The Scallop Punch was used on Taylors along with the retired Spring Bouquet flower trio punch. The 1 3/8"circle and the 1 1/2" circle punches were used on Tay's too.For Elliott's 'page': The 1 3/8 circle, 1 1/2 circle, 1/2" circle punch (used for the faux scallop), Photo Corner Punch, Key Tag Punch (behind the Designer Label punch), Designer Label Punch, and Ticket Corner Punch were all used!!
For Ewan's page, a lot of Paper Piercing was used! What?!? No punches?? must have been a mistake ;) I doodled with my white gel pen, had a bit to journal as well. The Double Stitched River Rock Ribbon was used to hold this project together. I was able to punch through the chip board EASY with my Crop-a-Dile!!
Hope you like!! Happy Stampin'

No comments: