Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thank you for my mother

Hello Friends! What a gorgeous day here in upstate NY!! I just got back with a couple of my kids from a bike ride. It is breezy out, but nice and sunny ;)

I made a thank you for my mother. She watched all of my boys at the drop of a hat this weekend. My family is all great. They are all always there for me!! The weekend, my mom gave me the opportunity to take my daughter shopping at the mall. This is a rare thing. With one daughter and five boys, the mall just isn't appealing to me!! Much more fun with just my daughter! ;)
I decided to make another Surprise Pop-Up card. The other one is already in the mail, so I figure, she hasn't seen this yet, so!, a good design to make again!! My mother really likes pink, so I went with Close to Cocoa and Pretty in Pink for my color scheme. I used the Stampin' Up! set Because of You (sorry, retired). I haven't really ever used this set yet, and it really spoke to me last night. Perfect for my mom! She LOVES flowers, and the saying is right on! I colored one of the flowers, Almost Amethyst & Pretty in Pink, and the other flower I colored Apricot Appeal and a bit of Pretty in Pink again with the Close to Cocoa in the middle. The butterfly's are amethyst and pink. I went over the flowers and the butterfly's with the VersaMark marker so I could emboss them and the brayer the background a bit. I used Certainly Celery for the grass, and Soft Sky with a touch of Pretty in Pink for the sky. Some of the grass was hand drawn, some was with the stamp that came with the set. I used Always Artichoke for that. A bit of white doodling with my handy dandy gel pen, and I think that sums it up! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!


Happy Stampin'

No comments: