Thursday, April 10, 2008

Birthday card with bookmark for my cousin




Hello Friends! I got the idea to add a bookmark as shown, from Mary Jones. I like the idea of having a circle behind the scalloped bookmark. I don't think this card photographed well, I used a lot of Glaze and the card glared a lot with the camera. Sorry. I think you get the idea though.


I made this card for my cousin. She is pretty young, so I wanted to make it girly and cutsie. Happy Heart Day I thought would be perfect!! I knew I had some of this retired DSP left from Stampin' Up! I used that as a starting point and pulled out Tempting Turquoise, Yo Yo Yellow and Orchid Opulence for my color scheme. There is a lot of paper piecing in this card. I used the floral Orchid paper for the shirt of the mouse, and for the butterfly wings. Both of those then have glaze right over the paper. The heart is paper pieced with another DSP from the same set of papers. I think the DSP is called Sweet. I colored in the flower on the heart with Tempting Turquoise and then added glaze on top of it to make it pop. The birthday hat is actually from Crab & Company. The Happy Birthday is from Family Phrases. It is cute, I doodled around the HB with Yo Yo Yellow. You can't really see it in the photo. I also did a lot of paper piercing. You really can't see it all in the photo. I paper pierced around the large floral square, around the oval, under the scallop bookmark, the large white piece is paper pierced and so are the dots on the butterfly's "journey". The flower on the bookmark has glaze as well. I water colored in the flower and then added glaze. As for punches, I used the Scallop Punch, Word Window Punch, 1 3/8 circle punch, 1 1/4 circle punch and the Key Tag Punch.


It is a bummer it didn't photo well. I tried several shots and just couldn't get it to photograph. Must be because there is so much glaze. It really is a cute card...hope you like it anyway!

Happy Stampin'

Andi

1 comment:

Michele Kovack said...

This is adorable!!! Great job!