Thursday, April 24, 2008

Pretty

Hello Friends! I decided to start stamping some "pretty" cards since I have been stamping "cute" cards lately. So my next few posts are more floral.
The stamp set I chose to use here is one of my all time favorites. Heartfelt Thanks by Stampin' Up! If you don't have this set, you just have to get it before it is retired. (no retired list, I am just saying if you see it on there this year, grab it!!) I LOVE it. It is absolutely beautiful. The image just makes the card spectacular every time.
My color scheme is Bashful Blue and Groovy Guava. I just LOVE how that main flower turned out. I first inked it in Bashful Blue, then added Groovy Guava around the edges. The stem I used Green Galore Stampin' Write Marker. I held the stamp, rubber side facing me, about 12" and then sprayed a mist of water on it with my water bottle. You then immediately stamp the image. "Misting With Marker's" is the technique. I think it turned out fabulous. Looks like I water colored the image! The outline of the flower is Groovy Guava and Always Artichoke. The "heartfelt" is Blue Bayou. To get the oval, I used the Creative Memories Cutting System. It is the only thing I use of Creative Memories. I love their cutting system. I cut the top of the oval, skipped the lettering for the heartfelt, WITH OUT MOVING THE CUTTING TEMPLATE, and then continued cutting the bottom of the oval. It was easy to do. The next two ovals, were cut in full.
I am not very good at using circles and ovals. It took me a while to come up with a layout/sketch. I decided squares on the side looked good, and I just knew I wanted to use my scallop punch. I will create a label for my cards where I used circles and ovals. That way if you aren't comfy with them either, you can see what I have done with them, and maybe it will help you!
I stamped the outline of the single flower head all over the back with White Craft ink. That made a nice background. A little hard to see in the photo. There is a lot of Paper Piercing and White doodling with the gel pen. The ribbon is the Double Stitched Blue Bayou Ribbon.
Hope you like my card! Sorry I didn't get on the computer yesterday. Wednesday is a busy day for me. And then we end it with Church in the evening. I was just whipped after church. Have fun stampin'! I hope I have inspired you to get that "Heartfelt Thanks" stamp set out!!
Andi

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Oh wow...honestly, this has got to be the best card I've seen using this stamp set!! I have this one, and hardly use it--but you've inspired me. i'll prolly be case-ing this one...hmmm, for Mother's Day!! :D It's very cheery with those colors. Good job!!