Monday, April 14, 2008

Birthday card for a Friend


Hey Friends! Here is a card I made for a friend who has a little cutie that is turning 2 just before my little cutie!! Literally JUST before! We were in the hospital together. Only I always say, she "cheated" because she had her little boy 3 weeks early and I had to go the full 9 months!! ha ha ;)


The card I made today is a suprise pop - up card. Pull the ribbon and the inside is revealed.
You can find instructions for this type of card in the gallery under resource. This Stampin' Up! set is old. The boy is actually holding a ice slushy, I didn't ink that up. I inked up the balloon the little girl in the set is holding. I did this twice so he could be holding up "2" balloons. Going with the "two" theme here!! Two balloons, two brads and the number "2". My color scheme is Wild Wasabi and Apricot Appeal. I stamped the balloons on the white with the little boy (we'll call him Matthew), then one on Wild Wasabi, and one on Apricot Appeal. I cut them out of the colored paper, then pasted them on the white. The white dots were added with gel pen. I also paper pieced the little coverals. I stamped the little boy a second time onto Certainly Celery Designers Series Prints, then cut the overals out and pasted them onto "Matthew"on the white paper. I framed the image with Black and Apricot Appeal. The dots are with my gel pen. I added glitter to the popcorn. Glitter always seems to mess my photo's up, but I think you get the idea.
Hope you like it!! Hope Matthew likes it!!
Happy Stampin' !!


No comments: