Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Mother's Day gift part 1

Here is a sneak peak at my Mother's Day gift for "mom's mom" as my little ones call her!! This is my first attempt at decorating chipboard. The chipboard is 5 X7 On Board Book Basics . I thought they would make a great gift for my mothers. This is like the first of about 8! There are 4 "pages" and then double sided.... I thought they could be used like frames and they could rotate them around for a different photo. I will hook them together when I have them all done.

One Scrapbook basic for me is, if the photo is black and white, it is much easier to group a bunch of photos together to "unite" them all. Actually, that is a basic for my for any photo project. For example, one of the walls in my home is full of 5X7 photos of my children. All at different ages, different seasons. They all match because they are in the same frames, and all the photos are black and white. Had the photos been all full color, my wall would be crazy. Just way too much. I keep the same idea for my scrapbooking. That way, you can match up photos that wouldn't normally match, or pick out background paper that you really like, and not have to worry about it matching the color of the shirt your child it wearing...Ethan is wearing Tie-dye in this photo! Bright colors would look great with him if it were full color photo, but then the bright colors really wouldn't match my mother and her home decor. WHEW, now that I explained that!!!
SO, I used the On Board Basics, Photo Corner Punch, Key Tag punch, Tab punch, Le Jardin DSP, Mellow Moss, and Basic Black card stocks. Pretty simple design really. The final touches really set it off. What I really like about this "page" is that I used the clear transparency sheet right on top of the page. This way, not only will it protect the photo, but I stamped Ethan's name right on the transparency sheet with Black Stazon ink. It really looks sharp. I plan to carry this technique through out the pages. Hope you like it!!
Happy Stampin' and craftin' y'all!!

No comments: