Saturday, March 29, 2008

Truely a Friend


Hello! I still had my orchid scraps out so I thought I would use some of them up! I tried the Misting with Markers technique from the Try a New Technique on http://splitcoaststampers.com Very cool. What you do is simple. Use a bold image such as the flower I chose. Take markers and color the image in. Instead of "huffing" on the inked image when you are done, hold the stamp away from you about 12" and then mist it with a water filled spray bottle. You can spray the air and then "catch" the water mist onto the inked up image too. Then just stamp it out. I used watercolor paper because I am really getting into the textured papers. I went ahead and went over the flowers with the versamark marker and then embossed it. I then sponged some Soft Sky. The colors I chose for this project are Orchid Opulence, Soft Sky, Brocade Blue, and Wild Wasabi. I used a bunch of punches ;) Here are a list of them: Ticket Corner, Key Tag, Photo Corners, Corner Rounder for scallops, 1" and 1 1/4 " circle, Designer Label and Spring Flowers (retired). Add some doodling, and some bling, and done!! I hope you enjoy this card idea. I hope it inspires you to stamp! Try the Misting with Markers Technique!
Happy Stampin'

2 comments:

Kristine said...

WOWZERS!! This is absolutely GORGEOUS! :D I love how much detail you put into your cards. Fantastic! I just found you from SCS gallery. LOVE your blog. I'll be back often :D

Trina said...

This card is beautiful!! I love all the stiching and the flowers!!