Friday, March 28, 2008

challenge


Hello out there! I did a double challenge this morning. I took on the Flap Fold Card and Color Challenge from SCS. I haven't made one of these Flap Fold Cards in a LONG time. I think when I did make one, I didn't know there was a name for it. It was probably 8 yrs ago. So this was fun to create one of these cards. If you would like exact details on size and scoring, check out http://scor-pal.com for tutorials. I made my card a little wider, but the gist is there! The color challenge was Orchid, Sage Shadow and Kraft. Honestly, I didn't think it would be that difficult. I really like Orchid, Kraft is a neutral, and I thought I would use the Unfrogettable set I borrowed from my sister, so Sage should fit in easy. HUH!! I admit, it took me A LOT longer than I thought to put it all together. The frog on the scallop was challenging. I kept adding too much white details. So finally I just outlined around the 1 3/4 punch, and left the frog alone. I had wanted to add white dots on him, but it was too much. I added some bling onto the ribbon. They are the rhinestone brads from SU!. I didn't punch a hole in the ribbon though. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, so I wrapped the brad around it instead. I think it looks cool. Like a belt. I paper pierced a bit on the top, and that is it! Not too much to say since the colors are just Orchid, Sage and Kraft!! Hope you like the final product! I think I will send this to my sister in Honduras. It is bright and cheery and I think she could use a "pick me up"!
Happy Stampin' Friends!!

2 comments:

Kristine said...

VERY CUTE!! :D Love everything about this.

Trina said...

Very cute!! That set from Stampin' Up! has been around already for a while, but I find if I make a card with that set, everyone sure is impressed by it.
I absolutely love your mushroom background.