Saturday, March 22, 2008

for my niece




Hello! I stamped this a couple days ago and colored it when I colored the ewe from yesterday's post. I water colored the kitty from Pun Fun on watercolor paper with Only Orange and Purely Pomegranate on cheeks, and then embossed it with the versamark pen and clear powder. After that, it was ready to be finished when ever....that when ever was this morning! The base of the card is Certainly Celery. I brayered the sky So Saffron, Apricot Appeal, Summer Sun, Only Orange and Purely Pomegranate. For the grass, I brayered Green Galore (then masked off "Purrrfect so it wouldn't be buried in ink), Certainly Celery, and Wild Wasabi. I stamped the flowers from Priceless with Purely Pomegranate and added a little white gel pen in the centers. I then hand drew in some stems and grass with Always Artichoke. The Kitty piece was all done, then I started putting my card together and playing with my punches! I faux scalloped the side with 3/4" circles, the Window Word punch was used at the top and bottom, and the 3/4 circle & 1" circle were used for the tag. I added some ribbon from SU!'s Ribbon Originals "Sherbet", and some bling to the circle. Some Barely Banana eyelets, and some doodling finished this card off.
I thought if I added the tag, this card would qualify for the Way To Use It challenge on htttp://www.splitcoaststampers.com If you want to see more samples, check out WT158 in the search Field at splitcoaststampers.
I hope you enjoyed this card. You may not hear from me for awhile. My sister and her family are coming to town for this week and I plan on spending lots of time with them!! Happy Easter to all!!! God Bless!!!

1 comment:

Trina said...

I love how you creat full scenes on some of your cards! They look great!