Monday, March 31, 2008

Time for Spring!!



Hello friends! Is it Time for Spring?!? I think so!! I really like this Unfrogettable set I am borrowing from my sister Tammi. I thought would try and put him in some water and create a bit of a scene. I should have stamped the flower that came with the set and then colored it in too, but didn't think to add flowers until after the scene was brayered so I went with the flower from Priceless. The words "time for spring" are from Everyday Flexible Sayings. My color scheme is hmmm, well, that is tough to say! My papers are Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi, Black and then the water color paper. I water colored the frog with Wild Wasabi, his cheeks are Groovy Guava with a touch of Purely Pomegranate in the center of the cheek. The dragonflies are Orchid Opulence, Purely Pomegranate and Yo Yo yellow! The colors I sponged and brayered into the sky are Yo Yo yellow, Blush Blossom, and Groovy Guava (In that order, and the Yo Yo is only on the bottom, against the grass). I used Soft Sky, Bordering Blue and Night of Navy for the water. The grass is Wild Wasabi and bit of Always Artichoke (grass is Always Artichoke Marker) Those are all the colors! (I think ;) !!) I like to use the Versamark Pen after I color in my little guys and then emboss them with clear powder so I can brayer or sponge right over them with out loosing my color job. I Paper Pierced a bit, added some double stitched Wild Wasabi ribbon, scalloped using my corner rounder... and boom, done! This type of card is a lot faster for me then those ones I have to think about and actually come up with a sketch or a layout for! I hope you like it. I thought it was super cute. Thanks to Stampin' Up! for such adorable images!! ;)

1 comment:

Stampin_Melissa said...

Wow, this is so cute! Looks a bit challenging with the brayering and sponging, even though you said it was "faster" for you. Great job! I like the idea of this little guy in the pond. *wheels turning* ;D