Thursday, March 6, 2008

So Kind


Hello again for today! I said I was in the mood for a blue card to go with the blueberries we ate this morning...and here it is! I used Splitcoast challenge SC166 http://www.splitcoaststampers.com look for the layout idea. This card came together easy since the layout was already out there.
I used my Priceless stamp set. What a nice set! The butterflies were stamped in Craft White ink. I used Beate's chalkboard effect for the butterflies. http://beate.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/ Check out her blog! It is AWESOME. I messed up the butterfly on the right a little and the effect was lost. I thought I would go over the chalk with Versamark pen and then emboss the whole image. The colors of the chalk were then lost....however! I did like how the butterfly image had an outlined look. So I outined the other butterfly with the Versamark pen, and colored in the details as well (with the versamark pen). That really helped the butterfly "pop". The colors I chose for this card are Blue Bayou (Prints DSP too), Chocolate Chip and Whisper White. I used my Photo Corner punch (again!), Double Stitched Blue Bayou ribbon, and the Distress Tool for some of the edges.
Let me know what you think! Hope you like!

No comments: