Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Celebrate with Pun Fun set by Stampin' Up!


I LOVE this set!! Pun Fun by Stampin' Up! is a lot of fun to work with. You will be seeing a lot more cards coming up with this set! You can make such simple cards quickly. Just use the images and you are sure to make a great card. Here I used the Soft Sky 12X12 textured paper. I cut it in quarters for a 6X3 card. I stamped the birdie in Basic Black and then used my aqua painter to watercolor the image. Keeping it simple, I looked at the background paper I wanted to use and pulled out Artichoke and Really Rust for colors. The birdies cheeks are Really Rust and the body of the bird is Always Artichoke. The birdies belly is DSP Fall Flowers. LOVE that paper. I love the little dots. They worked perfect with this image and I am sure many more stamps from this set! I used my Crop-a-Dile to set the eyelets. I love how Stampin' Up! has matching eyelets! These ones are actually Really Rust. I have had them awhile. If you are just getting to know me, you will see I only use Stampin' Up! papers and inks...well, and images too!! I knew I wanted to use this background paper. All I had to do to set this card off is take a look at the colors in the paper. Matching your inks with your paper is key. You could have a great card design, but if it doesn't match, it isn't going to be great. I trust Stampin' Up! to make my cards look good. No matter how simple the design is. My card stock papers for this card are Really Rust, Always Artichoke and Soft Sky. I added Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the birdies hat. I almost forgot! The "celebrate" came from ALL Year Cheer. An oldie, but a goodie. I first inked the image in versamark ink, then in Always Artichoke. That way I could use my dye inks for embossing. I used the clear embossing powder and embossed the saying. I hope this card inspires you! We all have time for this card!!

Happy Stampin'

Andi

No comments: