Monday, March 17, 2008

Howdy!






Howdy!! Cowboy Kid is such an adorable set. Sorry, it is discontinued, you will just have to use this card idea! I think this card turned out SOOO cute. The front of the card shows a little sheriffs badge in the circle punch. When you open the card up, the little boys face (not the same face from the front of the card) slides into the circle punch area...hence the "peek-a-boo" effect!! I got the idea from Dawn, http://dawnsstampingthoughts.com/ . Only the measurements were incorrect on her site. So I have been trying to make this card, and it kept coming out wrong. I finally took the time to figure it out, and corrected it. THANK YOU Dawn for the awesome idea!!! I will post the measurements at the bottom of this post. You can check out her site for the video tutorial, just be sure to keep my measurements!!


My colors didn't come out perfectly true when I took the photo of the front of the card. I should have waited until this afternoon for the correct lighting... My color scheme for this card is Creamy Caramel, Sage Shadow, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Real Rust and So Saffron for the little sheriffs badge. I used the Simply Scrappin' Kit (SSK) Round Up for inspiration. I know this kit is discontinued, but I haven't used it yet! I used some of the borders for the front and for the inside of the card. The Uniball White Gel Pen was also used for highlighting some of the paisleys on the front of the card. I also used my Paper Piercing kit for the piercing borders.

Now for the measurements!!


  1. use two pieces of 8 1/2 X 11 cardstock

  2. cut one piece 5 1/2 X 11 score this piece @ 3 1/2 and 7 (I used my awesome score-pall!! http://www.score-pal.com/

  3. cut the next piece 6 1/8 X 5 1/2 score this piece @ 4 1/4

  4. fold at each of the scored lines

  5. Take your piece that is 6 1/8 X 5 1/2, after you have folded at the scored lines, and punch a 1 1/4 circle from the top, RIGHT next to the folded flap. Your punch will be centered. Set this aside

  6. Take your "Z" folded paper. The wider piece is the back of the card.

  7. Line up the piece you already punched a hole in with the front of the "Z" folded piece. Line it up to the right side, then punch a hole into the front of the "Z" using the circle punch hole as a guide from the piece you already punched a hole into. Now, remove that first piece (it is the front of your actual card) and used the "Z" piece as a guide for your next hole. Just punch one more hole into the middle of the "Z" piece.

  8. add glue on front of "Z" card, then adhere the first piece you punched a hole in (all the way to right of card.

  9. Add one strip of Sticky Strip glue to last fold in "Z" card, all the way to the right, in the crease. Then insert the little flap from the smaller piece. The glue will keep the back of the card shut, and the flap in place so that it slides.

I hope these instructions help. I am going to have Ethan take some snaps to go along with the instructions.


Happy Stampin'!!


No comments: