Friday, March 21, 2008

Thank Ewe!!


Hello blogger friends! I almost didn't get this one posted today. I almost missed the sunlight! I started it this morning, but I was SO busy, I didn't get it done until this evening, so kind of a late post. But you never know with me. I post anytime of the day! Stay home mom...

I am happy with how this turned out. I used my brayer. Zindorf has really really really inspired me to be creative again. She does INCREDIBLE art with stamps, ink and brayer! If you haven't checked out her stuff, you definitely should!! http://zindorf.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com I am a very picky stamper, and let me tell you, she will WOW you. Every card she makes is gorgeous...actually, better. I don't even know what words to use!
Anyway....I was inspired and started being creative again! I started off with watercolor paper, then stamped the lamb with basic black * I should have used Stazon...I will explain why later. I water colored with the ewe with Groovy Guava, and the heart is Wild Wasabi. Then I used the band colored over the entire image * this is why I wish I used the Stazon ink, some of the BB ink got pulled into the ewe. I backed up the ewe with Taken With Teal that I had distressed with my Cutter Tool Kit. Then masked the bottom off and started to brayer. I used Soft Sky first, then a bit of Tempting Turquoise. Taken with Teal was last. I added more on the corners. For the bottom, I brayered Green Galore and Wild Wasabi. Then I used my Always Artichoke marker and hand drew in some grass (FUN FUN FUN!!) I added some Always Artichoke with sponge onto corners for more depth. My card base is Wild Wasabi (textured) and Groovy Guava {textured and embossed with cuttlebug, "Thank you Casey for letting me borrow it ;) " I finished the card off with some Hodgepodge Hardware, the Photo Corner Punch, Slit Punch, Wild Wasabi Double Stitched Ribbon and some doodling with my gel pen.
I hope you enjoy this post!
Happy Stampin' ;)

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Once again...such a TERRIFIC card and how you brayered onto w.c. paper is just FANTASTIC!! LOVE this so much...as I'm finding, I love ALL your cards :D These look soo professional--real wowzers!!