Thursday, March 20, 2008

For my Sister's Birthday...


Howdy! I was working on this yesterday, so I wasn't able to post it until I was done! My sister's birthday is creeping up and I thought I would make a little something for her. I had a small Paint Can here, and thought it was a good challenge. I have not ever decorated a paint can before! I bought this paint can at Lowes. I think it was like $2. Cheap. It would be nice filled with chocolate or jellybeans. Heidi likes fruity stuff, so I made a little goodie bag to go in the can, filled with jelly beans. I didn't want to over sugar her...we are all trying to get our beach bodies back!!! Ha Ha!! Heidi has always liked western stuff, so I went with the Cowboy Kid set again from SU!
My papers were the retired SSK Round Up. I have a lot of that kit left, so you may see a lot of samples using that kit. You can just substitute the papers, or, I am sure I am not the only one out there with this kit!! Before I forget, I used a transparency sheet again. I stamped the cowboy with Stazon onto the transparency sheet. It is lined up on top of my cowboy that is stamped on the white. This makes the little boy "pop" My colors for the cowboy were Sage Shadow on his boots, hat, holster. I actually colored them right in with the marker. I usually water color everything....wow, I didn't this time! I tried decorating the hat and boots with a white gel pen, but it didn't show up real well. The little candy bag turned out better with those details. I stamped the hat on Creamy Caramel, and then cut it out. The white gel pen showed up good on that so I drew a feather on his hat. Back to the can, I used Blue Bayou for his shirt and then added details with Close to Cocoa marker. Really Rust on his scarf, and Close to Cocoa on his shorts. For punches, I used the photo corner punch, scallop punch and 1 3/4 & 1 1/2 circle punches. There is a jumbo eyelet in the middle of the 1/2 scallop punch and some hemp. I think the details of a project can really step it up. So I was sure to add a lot of fine details. It was FUN. Reminded me of when I use to paint! Hope you enjoy my post! Now go get a paint can and get creative!!!
Happy Stampin'

No comments: