Monday, March 31, 2008

I should be cleaning...but it is so nice to stamp!!

Hello Friends!!! Well, yes, I should be cleaning, but I am here posting for you all ;) I have SO much to do so I will try not to talk too much! Quinten keeps climbing out of his crib, and since I don't fit in the crib too well to lay down with him until he falls asleep....I thought I would move beds around AGAIN! You have no idea how many times beds have been moved from room to room, floor to floor here. I have six children, and let me tell you, nothing is permanent! ;) I did mop my floors today...so I guess I can share with you a couple of my latest cards ;)









My first card I created was for a splitcoast sketch challenge. Basically, I needed some help creating with True Friend set from Stampin' Up! I think I am better at water coloring images in and going from there. I LOVE this set, I think it is beautiful, but I need help with it because there isn't much coloring. I hope you like my creations! I made two. One was the sketch SC169. To see more sketches like this one, check out http://splitcoaststampers.com/ and look up SC169



Ok for the recipe: My color scheme is Brocade Blue, Close to Cocoa and Groovy Guava. I stamped the large flower in Versamark Ink and then in Close to Cocoa. This way I could emboss the flower so that when I colored it in, the brown wouldn't run. I painted it in with Guava and Brocade. The smaller flowers were done using the misting with markers technique as explained in earlier post. Same colors were used. The Groovy Guava background was created with the cuttlebugs embossing template birthdays. THANK YOU CASEY for letting me use the cuttlebug!! Then I started putting it all together and adding finishing touches....like the paper piercing LOVE LOVE LOVE that tool kit from Stampin' Up! Love having a guide! I added a jumbo eyelet with bling in the middle, some more hodgepodge hardware, and then some double stitched Groovy Guava Ribbon. Hope you like!!


My next card, not as pretty, but I am glad I tried it. I wanted to try the True Friends flower stamp as a flower in a field. It is ok. I don't think it is BAD, but I don't think I will try this flower used this way again. I like the layout though...I used the Misting with Markers technique again and then the versamark pen to emboss the flowers so I could emboss resist with a brayer. My colors are the same as above for the flowers, Groovy Guava, Brocade Blue and Close to Cocoa. My card base is Soft Sky and the piece behind the watercolor paper is Wild Wasabi...which by the way, I am WILD about! LOVE that color!! The cute little butterflies are from Small Sayings. What a wonderful set!

I guess that is it for today...

I have another card I made this morning....you better come back tomorrow. Boy is it cute! I am waiting on posting it since I have so much work to do. I may not get to stamp tomorrow. You know, I don't have a
Stampin' room. So what a mess I have made. I am just as bad as the kids! Only I clean their messes up AND mine ;)

Happy Stampin' Friends and thanks for looking!!!

OH!! I am so proud! I figured out how to move my photos around on my posts. So they won't be all bunched up at the top anymore! YIPPY!!!

1 comment:

Stampin_Melissa said...

Okay, you have just so many cute cards I must add your blog to my Google Reader so I can "tune in" to new posts! :D