Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Easter Card


Hello! I can't believe Easter is just a few days away. I have been so busy checking my calender and making sure I haven't missed birthdays, I almost missed Easter Cards! I got them done this morning. I will have them in the mail this afternoon. I think they turned out cute. I used an old idea with some old DSP. I haven't made this kind of card in a LONG time!!! The card looks a little plain on the front, until you pull the little tab to the right of the card, and the truck "magically" comes to life, full of color! I had a hard time finding clear window sheets/acetate, so what I finally found and used is Transparency Sheets from an office store! There is like 100 sheets per box. I think it will take me a long time to use up these!!! Maybe I will start making clear boxes and bags with them???
Card Recipe:
My color scheme for this card is Pretty in Pink, Perfect Plum, So Saffron and White. I stamped the truck from Loads Of Love with Stazon Black onto the clear transparency sheet. Then I stamped with Basic Black onto Whisper White. I used my Aquapainter to color in the girl, boy, eggs, and wheels. I stamped the truck again on DSP, cut it out, and then glued it onto the truck I had stamped on the white paper. I masked over the truck and then added Soft Sky and Ballet Blue with a brayer and sponge for the sky. Then I added Green Galore and Glorious Green for the grass.
Love those punches! I used my scallop punch, 1 1/4 circle punch and 1 3/4 circle punch for the greeting. The 3/4 and 1" circle punches worked great for the chick. I found the cute chick in the Bunny Hugs set. A few more details, like the Perfect Plum eyelets (set with the Crop-a-Dile), some white doodles with my Uniball White Gel Pen, and a white ribbon, and I think we are set! Oh! And I used the Photo Corner Punch too! I think those punches really make the cards come together with ease.
Happy Stampin'! I hope you are all inspired!!

No comments: