Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mother's Day Card for 09







Hello Stampin' friends!! Here is a project I created for Mother's Day! I LOVE the new set, Great Friend by Stampin' Up! Had to use it!! I thought I would try and make it pretty. So I went with soft pastels and used the chalks for the images. For the cover of my Mother's Day card, I used Stampin' Up! Rub-on's. I think they are the best. The colors are so bold. And they are easy to apply.

To apply Rub-ons: (this is how I do it)

First decide which piece to use from your sheet of Rub-on's

Next, cut the piece you plan on using off the sheet of the Rub-on's - be sure to keep protecting back on while you cut.

After you have the piece cut from the sheet, with the protecting back still under your desired image, move around the piece you cut and place it where you want it.

Next, remove the protecting backing

Finally, with your fingers rub the image where you want it. That will temporarily adhere it to your project. Then you can rub it with the stick
I also used the clear window sheets for the cover. I thought this dressed the card up a bit. When stamping on the clear window sheets, you need to use the Stazon ink. It is a little sticky. So be careful when stamping on the window sheets with it. Stamp straight down and then lift straight up!!

For the inside of the mini album, I wanted soft images. I inked up the butterfly's in VersaMark ink, then stamped them on my cardstock. I then used my pastel chalks over the ink. The VersaMark ink is somewhat sticky and adheres the chalk to the images. The stems are chalked too! For the greeting, I used the Occassions Mini catalog set, Oval All and Oval scallop punch.
Open up my card again, and I have a couple spots for some photos. You can only see one since I had a hard time filming it!

No comments: