Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter Card

Hello Stampin' Friends!  I am ba-ack!  I have a bunch of new cards and projects to post over the next couple months.  Our new home is built, we aren't totally moved in, but we are living there.  Been crazy.  I will say, my stamping room is complete...so let the stampin' begin!!
Here are a couple of my Easter Cards this year.  I used the same Stampin' Up! set for both cards, just changed the layout on them.
The stamp set I chose is Loads of Love, by Stampin' Up! Both of these cards feature the same techniques, use of the brayer, embossing with the versamark pen, and a lot of markers for the background.
The first thing I did was stamp the truck, eggs and girl with basic black.  I then water colored the truck and girl using the aqua painter.  The eggs I wanted bright, so I used the markers to color them in.  After coloring in my stamped image, I used my ersamark pen, went over the entire truck, girl and eggs, then embossed them with the clear powder.  This created a nice mask for my image.  I was then able to brayer the background with out ruining my water coloring!
The backgrounds are brayered with So Saffron, Bliss Blue and Pacific Point.  I also brayered some grass using Certainly Celery.  
My birds, grass and flowers were created with markers.  I simply 'flicked' the wings of the birds and the grass with the small end of the markers.  The flowers were just dots.  Again, using the small end of the markers.
Thanks for visiting!  This blog post is a little crazy yet.  I haven't posted anything in so long I have to remember all the tricks....PLUS I don't have internet set up at my home yet, so I am working away from home. Bare with me!!  I will get back into the swing of things!!
Happy Stampin'
Andi

No comments: