Monday, June 16, 2008

For my Sister's Birthday

Hello Friends! My sister's birthday is coming up in another week or so. Thought I better get on her card!! Can't wait til the last minute these days or it might not get done. I may not be home to do it!! We have been at the pond quite a lot lately!!
My sister likes horses, and green. (yes, so does my other sister that I made THIS and THIS for ) I didn't want to make it just like Heidi's stuff, so I went with Equestrian Dreams. I have to say. NEVER made a really nice card with this set. I really like the images, just haven't known quite what to do with it. I was really nervous. I liked Heidi's card so much, I felt like the bar was 'high'.
I started with Vanilla card stock. Stamped the horses in Basic Brown. Then simply highlighted the running horses, and added a little more color to the row of them. A bit of Always Artichoke, Sahara Sand, Basic Grey, all water colored onto the image. Then I took my Versa Mark Marker and went over the images so I could clear emboss them both. That really sharpened up those images and made them 'pop'. Added so much to them!! I then brayered the sky onto the images. The embossing made it resist any ink that I brayered on. Perfect. After I got my images complete, it all came together easy. I could see that I was really liking this card. I roughed up some edges with my distress tool. Added some Chocolate Chip behind the images. Double matted the running horses with Always Artichoke. This was actually mainly because I wanted to faux stitch. I knew it wouldn't show up as good on the dark brown, so I added the green. I added some photo corners, thanks to my Photo Corner Punch. The greeting is from a retired set, and I added a build-a-brad in the middle of that. Yes, love those build-a-brad's!! The style of my greeting is a little different, but I wanted something small that wouldn't be the first thing to grab your eye.
Well, hope you like!! Happy Stampin' and thanks for visiting!!

No comments: